We encourage students to develop a deeper understanding the concepts of sustainable development, through inquiry based projects and hands on activities and solutions, adapted from UNESCO's vision of sustainability (http://www.unesco.org/education/tlsf/index.html).
Our aim is to promote and encourage the following enduring understandings through our environmental stewardship program:
· Understand the importance and characteristics of Sustainable Urbanization.
· Understand the benefits of Sustainable Consumption and the value of resources.
· Appreciate the significance of Peace and Human Security while developing strategies to maintain them.
· Appreciate the importance of Rural Development and how to enrich rural communities.
· Recognize the importance and benefits of Cultural Diversity.
· Appreciate the values of Gender Equality.
· Appreciate the importance of Health Promotion and develop an understanding of how to improve it.
· Recognize the importance of protecting the Environment and the role of individuals, communities and governments.
Read more about our classroom application of these Sustainablity Themes below: